It’s another year of mostly dog walks and shoes. But we did do a couple trips, attended a couple shows. So that’s something.
Monday, April 6, 2020
My buddies and I have decided to create yet another music podcast. Like a Phoenix, this podcast has risen from the depths of the quarantine to, at best, entertain our 3 listeners and, at worst, give the 5 of us something to obsess over during the week. Only the strongest survive to be part of the Gilded Playlist. Check it out at TheGildedPlaylist.com.
- We turned our quarantine boredom into just what we all needed — another music podcast!
- Each week, 4 friends anonymously nominate songs to a shared playlist.
- After days of consideration, votes of yay/nay for each song are submitted secretly to our commissioner.
- The podcast is recorded as these friends finally break their monk-like silence, discuss their nominations, their votes and discover which songs received 100% approval and hence move onto … The Gilded Playlist.
- Listen to the podcast and the playlists at … TheGildedPlaylist.com
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Monday, January 1, 2018
Friday, May 15, 2015
|I didn't have a teammate above level 24. And I had at least 5 times as many games played as all my teammates.|
Uh, yeah. We lost. Hard.
I had been on quite the losing streak lately due to the old 0 healers vs. 1 healer team comp issue. So I thought I'd switch over to LiLi.
|Wins are in green. Losses are ... not in green.|
Suddenly I was on the 1-healer team. And there were no healers on the other team. Huzzah!
And then I saw my teammates spend the first 10 minutes of the game all grouping in one lane while I scrambled to rotate to empty lanes to keep pace with the opposing team's XP. Gaining XP early is generally regarded as a good strategy.
And then we got to level 10. And my teammates inexplicably split up. Everyone was running around on their own grabbing watch towers, trying to do solo coin turn ins and other terrible ideas.
And the opposing team stayed together as a rolling 5-person death ball ... easily picking off all my solo teammates.
I think I typed "group up" into the allied chat 10 times during the game. I even started forecasting teammate deaths as they ran off on their own. No one seemed to care.
Blowout loss. Morale low.
I couldn't help but do some investigating. Here's what I found ...
And now let's have a look at the opposing team:
Not exactly mind-blowing that they understood the fundamentals of laning early and then grouping late.