Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Priorities

So I call a doctor's office today during normal business hours and get a recorded message. It basically says the following in this exact order:
  1. You've reached so and so's office.
  2. Our fax number is blah blah.
  3. If you're dying, call 911.
Uh, you wanna re-think the order of those pieces of info? I've called lots of places that have recorded messages that start with "If this is an emergency, hang up and dial 911." But, I've never had to tap my foot while listening to the fax number before getting the 911 info.

If you're gonna tell people about 911, I really don't think there's any point to drop that information at any slot other than 1st. Can you imagine some poor sap that actually does call this number while dying and then is stuck there listening to the fax number while choking on the 6 triscuits he just swallowed without chewing thoroughly?

All I'm saying is ... either drop the number first or just let the dude die. He should have known the number for 911 already anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't they already know if they are dying that they should call 911?