Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tidbits

Some random thoughts/discoveries from today.

One
I think one of the most difficult tasks in the world is trying to look cool while sitting in the bed of a truck alone when all your friends are sitting up front in the cab.

Two
I just discovered that my high school's theme song is the theme song from the TV show "High Chaparral". The ironic thing is that I didn't learn this til today even though I went to Chaparral High School and even knew the name of our fight song was High Chaparral.

Enjoy:


Three
I've uncovered the iPhone killer: http://www.jitterbug.com/. This is a cell phone specifically built to have no features. None! One of the phones only has three buttons: "Operator", "Tow" and "911". Hell my iPhone doesn't even have those buttons! It's marketed almost exclusively to old people (as far as I can tell). This may be the most genius product I've ever known - both in terms of its intended use and its marketing.

Four
If you're flying Southwest, I really don't understand what kind of great seat you think you're getting by being the first person in line for the "C" boarding group. You don't need to stand there staring intently at the jetway as soon as they announce pre-boarding. Just hang back and relax and know you're getting a middle seat somewhere.

Five
I don't like it when people use the term "at least" combined with some sort of range. E.g. "That's going to take me at least 6 to 10 weeks." Just say "That's going to take me at least 6 weeks" or "That's going to take me 6 to 10 weeks". I'm just talking efficiency here, people.

Six
Am I the only one that's noticed that the "UPS Whiteboard" commercials feature a song by a band called "The Postal Service"? Probably. I have some new ideas along those lines:
  • A Wii commercial featuring The Ataris.
  • A McDonald's commercial featuring The Subways.
  • A light bulb commercial featuring The Darkness.
  • A commercial about democracy featuring the Kings of Leon. (Democracy, Monarchy, get it?).
  • A library commercial featuring the Shout Out Louds.
  • A DMV commercial featuring the Kings of Convenience.
OK, I'm done.

No comments: