Tuesday, September 9, 2008

iTunes 8 - Build Genius Into Your Smart Playlist

As you may know, I've put a lot of time into making "the ultimate iTunes playlist" in an effort to get the most out of my massive iTunes library.

Today, Apple released iTunes 8 and their new "Genius" feature. The Genius playlists by themselves are pretty good, but I found it was pulling 1-star songs and, according to the rules of my library, I have no need for such songs.

So, thanks to some help from Berg, here's the best use of the Genius feature that I've found so far: a Genius smart playlist.

iTunes 8 - Genius Smart Playlist

You set the playlist to "Genius" and then you can adjust everything else ...
  • Date added in the last year
  • Rating of a certain level
  • Last skipped or last played in a given range
  • Size of playlist
  • Selected according to most often played, least often played, least recently played, etc.
Have fun, kids.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: